Soundtrack Your Brand is a B2B SaaS Music Streaming company that offers music streaming services for businesses. We have about 70 co-workers with a passion for changing how brands and businesses use digitally distributed music on a global scale. Among our customers are some of the world’s largest and most exciting brands as well as your local hairdresser around the corner. We believe that music itself profoundly influences consumers' experience and behaviour. We have repeatedly proven this in our research and as thought leaders in in-store music research, we try to educate the world about the impact of music. We are currently serving tens of thousands of customers across 70+ countries, every day.
We’re now looking for a Head of business control to join our amazing finance team.
We offer you a fast-paced scale-up working environment in an international organisation, with a flexible working set up.
As head of business control you will be responsible for developing our business control function working closely with our management team and CEO in a flat and high pace organization. You will plan, manage and lead the company's budget and forecast process and set new standards on how we analyze and measure our sales. You report directly to our CFO and will have a key role developing a modern and data-driven business control function.
What you’ll do:
- Be a leader, set new standards and develop our business control function
- Produce monthly actuals-to-forecast and budget variance analysis and identify impactful opportunities that would increase the accuracy of our forecast models or accounting practices
- Manage and lead analyzes of our sales funnel and our different revenue streams
- Lead business reviews
- Manage and deliver budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Ad hoc analyses and business case modelling
Who you are:
As a person you are driven, responsible, flexible, and have a strong ability to get things done. You are able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment and a self-starter with strong attention to details and great organisational skills. You can prioritise your own workload and work independently and maintain a high level of communication, both internally and externally. You have previous experience of leadership and leading a team.
You have intellectual curiosity and a proactive approach and are willing to "roll up your sleeves"
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in finance, operations, and/or strategy roles
- Deep knowledge with financial statements is a must; exposure to SaaS and/or content licensing business models preferred
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills with a deep understanding of model architecture
- Prior experience with Tableau and SQL is a plus, though you will be required to eventually learn and apply these skills on the job
Application and questions
In this recruitment process Soundtrack Your Brand partner with Newr. For more information, please feel free to contact the responsible recruitment consultants at Newr, Mats Gerdin, email@example.com 0720-13 13 10 and Douglas Carbell, firstname.lastname@example.org 072-980 99 52.
Interviews and selection process will be ongoing, so please send us your application as soon as possible. The position is available to apply for as long as the ad is shown on our website.